2.13.2010

Feb 13 Reflections

 
 

So after a very busy Jan I have slowed back down to a crawl but have managed to get all the photos done from Jan and the 2 weddings I did.  Today I have showcased some art prints one landscape and one pop art.  I have so much fun just playing with the camera and seeing what the outcome may be this is something I suggest to every budding photographer.  Know what you can do with your camera be it forced blur or zoom macro.  I have found a new love for wedding photography yes it is stressful and you only get one chance to get the right shot but............... the looks of joy when a bride gets to see her photos and she looks beautiful there is just a moment where you can sit back and smile and know "I did that".  Very gratifying for a photographer and there is very few moments that give you the same feelings.  Another reflection that I have had maybe more a revelation that a reflection but I am seriously needing to advertise.  I am very happy with the amount of work I get from my word of mouth referrels but I am left wanting more.  More work, more variety, just more.  I crave the creativity that I am allowed when I photograph the range of dynamics that can be achieved.  From one single photo you can change the mood simply by changing the color balance more reds bring a feeling of warmth and love, more blue can be cold and moody.  Knowing which to do is the key in the true feeling of the photo.  I am looking to take on an intern so to say I have been taught so much by others I am in the giving spirit and ready to start teaching another what I have learned and how I have learned it.  I already have someone to go with me to my next wedding be she is already been to photography school but has never shot a wedding on her own and wants to get more experience in the field.  A fantastic photographer in what she has done and wants to expand her portfolio.  I am excited for the future and ready to expand my own business in the process.

Today's photo tip:  Forced Double Exposure
Have you ever seen a photo where there are 2 images that seem to be super imposed onto one another.  Well this can be done in photoshop but here is how to do it with no photo editing software.
1. Find the 2 items that you would like in the photo
2. You must set the camera on a tripod
3. Set the shutter speed to no less than 1 minute it may take more depending on the available light
4. Set up the first item in the viewfinder
5. Depress the shutter to start the exposure
6. After about 10-20 seconds carefully place the lens caps on the lens
7. Replace the first items with the second item.
8. Remove lens cap and allow the camera to finish the exposure
Now you will have a forced double exposure photo with no photo editing software.  Try different items to achieve different outcomes.  These may be items that have sentimental value or just fun items that look neat together remember it is all up to you these are considered art and you are the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment